Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Life as an 1L:a new meaning for 'tired'

Life as an 1L: a new meaning for ‘tired’
“Ring, ring, ring,” your cell phone buzzes in the distance. “Beep,” is heard indicating a message. You pick up your phone; dial the necessary numbers to get to your mailbox…
“Hi, Julie? This is your bed calling. Will you be returning anytime soon?”
            I’ve never been one to complain about being busy, in fact, I thrive when I’m busy. However, as summer beckons in the distance and exams loom in the horizon, I find myself entirely too tired…to come up with a witty way to finish this sentence.
            This makes me sigh with angst because in the back of my head, I hear my mother muttering “Nothing worthwhile is ever easy.”  And let’s all be ‘real’, everyone warns of the all-consuming law school study schedule and everyone accurately surmises that law school is hard. So, and I hate to say, I have to agree with my mother.
            Yes, I am exhausted, but the fact of the matter is that when I finish this Motion for Summary Judgment, complete my Torts outline, and ace that civil procedure quiz, I know I am on my way to a truly worthwhile career.  Not to mention, one that charges, at a minimum, $200.00 an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment