Thursday, January 31, 2013

Location Location!!

So one thing that I LOVE about Capital is the location! And since I live just across the street I get this benefit all the time! Downtown Columbus offers so much to do and I can honestly say I feel really safe! I am writing about this because I am reminded of how amazing it is every time the weather warms up -- even if just for a day before back to snow :-)

This week I have been able to drive with the windows down, walk to Starbucks without freezing, and go for a run outside.  The buildings in Columbus are really beautiful and most people don't ever notice this just driving through. One of my favorite things is to run through downtown (well to be honest it is more of a run till i give up then walk awhile before i run/walk home). This gives me the chance to see everything this city has to offer and I am at the mercy of the "walking man" telling me which way to cross roads and continue on my run.  Though this week a lot of what I enjoy isn't there it was beautiful to see all the city buildings and what is up and coming around town.

Some of my finds this week: a salon that does a 20 minute mani/pedi (bonus it was on groupon so SUPER cheap) and a restaurant I have added to my list of "I will eat here" places (which i have run past a million times and never noticed the smell till this week).

I also learned a few things: they really do turn water fountains off in the winter, there is way more construction and development going on on building than I realized, and the particular construction I really care about (the apartments by the Columbus Commons Park http://www.columbuscommons.org/ and on the new grocery store The Hills Market) is moving along -- so I reassured myself the awesome activities of free yoga in the park and food truck festivals will be coming back this spring at the park and we will get a gourmet grocery featuring local food 1 block from Capital Law in just a few short months!

There is so much going on in this town and it is such a great way to take a break from school! I love that we have a city to enjoy but there is grass and fresh air all around at the same time!

This city is building up and as it does Capital Law is right in the middle and we get to take advantage to all the benefits! 



No comments:

Post a Comment