Monday, April 21, 2014

A "fake" Farewell


A “fake” Farewell

            With reading week just around the corner and finals looming in the not so distant future, I wanted to take the moment to offer my last blog posting for the year.

            First and foremost, I hope that I have been at least a little helpful as you prepare for this exciting journey called “Law School.” It has been a pleasure answering your questions and offering some advice based on my experiences at CULS.

          Although this can be considered a “goodbye,” please keep in mind that you will see me in the halls. When you see me in the halls, please DO NOT hesitate to say, “Hi, Julie!” In fact, DO NOT hesitate to say, “Julie, I’m freaking out. Can you email me an outline for ______?”

            Lastly, consider yourself blessed! YOU GOT INTO LAW SCHOOL, and believe me there are thousands, maybe millions, who do not.

I’m getting a little teary-eyed as I write this…without my mother reminding me that very statement almost every day, I might not have lasted. It is okay to have fears; it is not okay to lose faith, hope, or confidence in yourself. There is a reason CULS accepted you and CULS does not decide acceptance lightly. The first semester will be hard; in fact, the second semester will be hard. There is just no way around that fact. However, I promise, YOU CAN DO THIS IF YOU SET YOUR MIND TO IT!
   Afterall, if a theatre major from Pittsburgh can survive the first year and acheive great grades and a fellowship, then SO CAN YOU!
 
Remember  - NONE OF THIS:
                           BUT A WHOLE LOT OF THIS:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment