Monday, February 24, 2014

A friendly "Hi"

Living in Ohio, the state that says "Hi" back, I found it truly fitting to say "Hi" for the first time to the Capital Law School blogger community!

My name is Julie and I am a 1L currently in my second semester here at Capital University Law School. What a ride it has been! I have to admit, despite the excessive reading, late hours, and challenging course work, I have found it incredibly exhilarating.

I hail from Pittsburgh, PA, where my mother owns and operates The Beroes Law Center. I hold a BFA in Acting from The University of the Arts, located in Philadelphia. Upon graduation, I booked Twelfth Night by W. Shakespeare, playing the lead role of Viola, at The Oval Theatre in London, U.K. I lived and worked as an actress in London for a little over a year and a half and then moved to New York City, aka The Big Apple. While in New York, I was lucky enough to land an agent/representation and work in Independent films, Off-Broadway, voice-over work and print modeling. 

By now, I'm sure you've figured out that my dream was to be an actress, but what you don't know is that I grew up in the courthouse. One of the oldest memories I have is sitting in the jury box watching my mom litigate. As previously mentioned my mother is a prominent attorney in Pittsburgh and owns her own firm. My mother and I are very close, practically two peas in a pod, so any opportunity she got for me to be with her, she took and I gladly went.  

When my 'struggling artists' phase arrived - for a while there I thought I might have been lucky enough to avoid it - I brainstormed ways to make excessive amounts of money and combine all the skills of an actor. With the help of my mother, naturally, we came up with an adequate solution, Law School. My mother is an alumi of Capital University Law School and raved about the school from the moment the idea was formed.

I am extremely pleased with my decision to attend Capital Law School. My professors have recognized and catered to my inter-personal skills and have encouraged me to continue to be creative. The further I get in my studies, the more I realize how useful my acting skills are, after all, "the best litigators are the ones that tell great stories."

No comments:

Post a Comment